Storage Tips from Sound Storage of Mill Creek
At Sound Storage providing value and excellent service to our customers is of the highest priority. Over the years our team has gained experience and knowledge to help make your storing days easier by giving you sound advice that makes sense for your individual situation.
Pack and Protect
- When wrapping dishware or fragile glassware, consider custom form fitting kits to keep these items well cushioned and packed tightly.
- Use large wardrobe boxes to pack clothing and keep items on hangers to retain shape. (*Helpful hint: You can use the bottom of wardrobe boxes for shoe storage as well.)
- Cover the tops of tables and bedroom furnishings with moving pads to help in keeping them from getting scratched.
- Use plastic wrap on dressers to keep drawers closed and prevent damage. (*Helpful hint: Utilize the space in dresser drawers to store lightweight items such as linens and bedding.)
Packing Your Storage Unit
- To help use all the space available in your new storage rental disassemble bed frames, remove table legs and stand sofas upright when possible to get the most out of the overhead space.
- Consider using freestanding shelves to organize smaller items such as books or tools.
- Create a color coded labelling system so that you can easily identify boxes and the contents within.
- Keep items that you may need access to on a more frequent basis toward the front of your storage unit to avoid having to remove many boxes to get to them.
- Before disassembling electronics in your home it may be helpful to take a picture of the wiring setup and label cords with color coded tape.
- Keep large items such as appliances and mattresses toward the back of your space to make samller items more accessible.
- Leave an aisleway in the middle of your unit when packing so that you are able to get to items more easily.
Sound Storage of Mill Creek
4012 148th St SE
Mill Creek, WA 98012
Also Visit Our Lynnwood, WA Location
Sound Storage of Lynnwood
Self Storage Property Management